Community Ladders provides holistic, affordable, and one-on-one financial planning services for every stage of life. We are a trustworthy, long-term partner in maintaining and building your wealth.
Membership offers the peace of mind that comes with having someone there to watch your back. We’ll save you time, keep you on track, hold you accountable, and provide consumer protection from the wild world of financial products.
In your Initial Session…
This 2-hour session will give us a chance to get to know each other and entails a comprehensive, holistic look at your entire financial picture. We will identify quick wins and determine your longer-term challenges.
After the session, you will be equipped with answers to your burning questions, the “what” and “why” of your financial goals, and your personalized Financial Scorecard and Next Steps Checklist.
Think of this like your annual physical. It’s the beginning of a long-term relationship and a comprehensive diagnostic of your financial health.
Count on us to hold you accountable …
This isn’t one-shot planning. We help keep you on track with progressive action steps, manageable tasks, and quarterly check-ins. Members have a financial planner on retainer who serves as a trusted partner that can be reached at any time. We refined our coaching system through years of one-on-one work with busy and capable professionals. We know how to make sustained and efficient progress, and it looks like this:
- 2-hour start up holistic planning intake session. We are not typical financial planners—we cover far more than investments and insurance.
- Quarterly check-ins. 1-hour meetings for 1st and 3rd quarters, and briefer conversations in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Usually in-person or via Skype.
- Ongoing availability. Got a pressing question or need to make a decision that has financial implications? Simply reach out—we’re here for you anytime.
This unique routine allows us to work together to help you reach your goals faster. We will proactively drill down into specific issues and make systematic, multi-layered changes. Wondering what financial products are best for you? Evaluating opportunities? We’ll tackle these questions with unbiased, non-judgmental advice.
The following services are included with membership:
- Planning & Goal Setting. Where are you headed? What are your goals and concerns? We’ll figure it out together and make a plan.
- Banking & Cash Management. We evaluate your current banking arrangement and how you manage your cash and near-term cash reserves.
- Credit Cards. We see if your credit cards are working for or against you. The way we see it, our typical member should be getting $200-800/year back from their credit card company.
- Building Your Credit Score and Reviewing Credit Reports. We examine your credit reports 3 times per year, addressing problems and advising on how to build a stronger score.
- Home Buying and Financing. Whether you are years away from buying or thinking about refinancing your current home, we coach you through the process and help you plan, execute, and protect yourself every step of the way.
- Debt Management. We analyze your debt load and help you manage it.
- Budgeting. With human psychology in mind, we look at cash flows and major expenditures, identifying opportunities to rethink and save.
- Financial Product Vetting. We examine the financial products you are using, and suggest better ones as appropriate. As our community grows larger, we hope to negotiate collectively for better rates and safer contracts.
- Basic Tax Planning. We highlight issues useful in the current tax year, and help you plan for the future.
- Investment & Retirement Planning. We look holistically at your finances (e.g., retirement and non-retirement investments, housing, savings, expenses, and debt) to determine if you are on course to meet your goals. We will recommend specific strategies and passive investments (mutual funds and ETFs) in line with these goals.
Why We Have Monthly Payments
Community Ladders memberships are paid on a monthly basis to help you budget. Memberships can be cancelled at any time. One of our core values is “no dependency.” While our services are designed around a long-term, on-going planning relationship, if you decide to leave our community you will be in full control of your finances and in better shape than when you started with us.
We Are Much Less Expensive Than Other Planners … By Choice
Community Ladders was created to serve a social mission – to make high quality financial coaching and planning services available across all incomes. And to us high quality means much more intensive coaching and covering a lot more areas than traditional planners. Most people who sit down with a planner and drop ~$2800 (the approximate industry average for a basic plan) do so only because they are very well off, or are rather desperate (e.g. close to retirement and haven’t saved much yet). At Community Ladders we make long-term, one-on-one coaching affordable by scaling across incomes and providing even our highest income members with service at a fraction of the industry price. Think of it like a health care model focused on preventive medicine. You go to see a doctor regularly within a health plan, and that doctor charges a lower negotiated rate than if you otherwise just stopped in her office as an individual. You have regular check-ups but can see your doctor anytime when a problem arises. Our kind of intense, holistic approach to financial planning is not available anywhere in a form affordable for even the middle class.
|GROSS INCOME||$ –
|Gross Income||Start-Up Fee||Monthly Fee|
|$ – to $35,000||$295||$29|
|$35,001 to $55,000||$395||$39|
|$55,001 to $75,000||$495||$49|
|$75,001 to $95,000||$595||$59|
|$95,001 to $115,000||$699||$69|
|$115,001 to $145,000||$795||$79|
|$145,001 to $180,000||$895||$89|
|$180,001 to –||$995||$99|
Not quite ready for one-on-one coaching but still want to kick the tires a bit? Gather some friends or colleagues together for a group session. Learn about group sessions and financial planning seminars »